About Summer Independent:
KIDSTAGE Summer Independent is the pinnacle of the KIDSTAGE program. The Summer Independent production is produced, designed and directed entirely by young artists, undergraduate level and below. Professional mentorship is provided by Village Theatre artists and staff.
Auditions: May 9–11, 2015
- Starting April 13, 2015, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 392-2900 x228 to set up an audition appointment.
- Actors need to prepare a one-minute monologue and 16-32 bars from a song. Please bring your book, if you have one—you may be asked to sing an additional song
- Bring piano sheet music in a three-ring binder. Bring three copies of a photo and resume. School photos and photocopies are fine
Callbacks: May 16 – 18, 2015
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will start June 2nd and will be on weekday evenings and some selected Saturdays. For safety reasons, the rehearsal schedule will not be posted online; for information about rehearsals, please call the Issaquah KIDSTAGE office, (425) 392-2900 x103
Performances: July 11-19, 2015 at the First Stage Theatre
Tuition: A minimum of 10 hours of work on the production will be required in lieu of tuition
Auditions: May 28-29, 2015
We are looking for people who can play the following instruments:
Bass, Drums, Guitar, Banjo, Keyboard, Flute, Saxophone, Oboe, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Flugelhorn
- Starting April 13, 2015, email email@example.com or call (425) 392-2900 x228 to set up an audition appointment
- Musicians should bring a resume and/or list of experience
- Musicians need to bring their instrument(s) and prepare a piece that showcases your musicianship. You may be asked to sight-read from the scores for Peter Pan or Catch Me If You Can.
Rehearsals: Sectional rehearsals will take place in June & July time/dates TBA (generally on weekends). There will be mandatory rehearsals on the nights of July 8-10
Performances: July 11-19, 2015 at First Stage Theatre
Tuition: There is no tuition for this program
All interested applicants must complete an Intern Application
We are looking to fill the following positions:
- Prop Design Intern
- Production Management Intern
- Scenic Design Intern
- Music Direction Assistant Intern
- Costume Design Assistant Intern
- Lighting Design Assistant Intern
- Sound Design Assistant Intern
- Scenic Artist Intern
- Carpenter Intern
Detailed descriptions can be found on our Internship page.
Submit your completed applications in one of two ways:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail it to: Village Theatre KIDSTAGE 303 Front Street North Issaquah, WA 98027
Catch Me If You Can
Based on the DreamWorks Motion Picture
Book by Terrence McNally
Music by Marc Shaiman
Lyrics by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman
About the Show:
Seeking fame and fortune, precocious teenager Frank Abignale, Jr. runs away from home and begins an unlikely adventure, where anything can and will happen. With nothing more than his boyish charm, a big imagination, and millions of dollars in forged checks, Frank’s living the high life and winning the girl of his dreams— until his antics catch the attention of a highly persistent FBI agent. With a swinging score by the composing team for Hairspray (Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman) and book by the writer of The Full Monty (Terrence McNalley), Catch Me If You Can is an exhilarating musical adventure based on the hit film and the incredible true story. Join KIDSTAGE on this globetrotting comedy caper about chasing your dreams and not getting caught.
Catch Me If You Can includes demanding dancing and acting opportunities for performers ready to challenge themselves. Cast size is 16-20, depending on ensemble size and the doubling of smaller characters. There are principal roles for at least three men and two women, and many strong feature roles for both. The upbeat modern score that will challenge new and experienced singers alike.