WRITERS AND COMPOSERS WANTED:
Make theatre magic! Join the writing/composing team of a brand new original musical that you help create from the initial concept to staged reading. We are specifically looking for very committed writers, composers, and lyricists or those that are interested in learning more about these disciplines to join the writing team to create an inspiring new musical. This year we plan to have a series of workshops in the late fall to learn tools of the trade from professionals in the field and then put those tools to work in the winter, culminating in a staged reading of the original script.
- Writer Applications Due: Monday, September 26th, 2016
- Writer Interviews: Week of October 4th, 2016
- Writer Meetings: 2-3x a month starting in Mid-October. Approximately 4x weekly starting in January. For a complete schedule and more information, contact Joel Arpin at (425) 392-2900 x228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staged Readings: March 31st –April 2nd 2017 at the First Stage Theatre
- General Tuition for writers/composers: $630
- Tuition for Institute Student writers/composers: $520 (Scholarships and work-exchange available for those who qualify.)
(Available August 15)
About KIDSTAGE Originals:
For the advanced performer and emerging theatre artist, KIDSTAGE Originals is a unique process and performance opportunity. Student performers and writers collaborate in a workshop process with professional writers, composers and lyricists to create original material, which then is shaped into a new musical which is brought to life on stage. The company consists of experienced young actors, writers, composers and lyricists, interested in further developing skills in theatre performance and in creating their own original characters and stories. The KIDSTAGE Originals production is written by, for, and about teens, and it addresses some of the most important issues facing teens today. Past original teen works include: Playing Fair, Love Unabridged, trust me., Hot Mess, Last Exit, In Your Eyes, A Perfect Fall, Save As, and The Last Shot.